Monday, August 30, 2010

Holy Crap I'm Moving to Australia!!!!!

Obviously I knew this was coming, but who knew it would come so fast.  All of the time spent talking and negotiating and waiting and all of a sudden - it's here!  Maybe it all became real when I booked my ticket, or maybe it's the fact that I literally leave in three days.  Yikes!

So as I think about the next six months and living on the other side of the world, of course I'm thinking of the things I'm going to miss.  The obvious of course is my husband and my family, but there are a few random/funny things that have popped into my head over the past few days that I thought I'd share.

My short list of things I'm sad to miss over the next six months:

  • Football.  Watching a few preseason games has gotten me so excited for football season.  Especially college football.  I love the game, I love tailgating, and of course, I love trash talking.  I'm going to have to find an American bar in Sydney that will air the games.... of course the games will be on at 3 in the morning, so I guess I'll just have to watch the highlights online.  The bright side?  Given the Bears performance on Saturday, I don't think I need to worry about them making it to the Superbowl this year.  
  • Fall clothes.  Okay, I know I can't really complain since I essentially get two summers in a row (which also means skipping a Chicago winter) but I really love fall attire.  It's really strange getting the September issues of Elle and Vogue with all of the fall trends and knowing that I won't be wearing any of them.  I do still plan on devouring both magazines on the fifteen hour flight, but I guess I'll just have to pick up an Aussie fashion mag or two upon arrival.  
  • This next one is super lame, but hey we all have our guilty pleasures.... Season 2 of The Vampire Diaries.  Ridiculous, right?!  I know, I can watch it online but it's just not the same.  I love this show!  Also, this was always, my fun thing to do for myself on Thursday nights.  Chris would call me at 8:01 because I'm the worst phone talker when I'm watching any of my favorite shows.  
All that being said, I am still super excited for this next adventure in my life.  I'm going to be working like crazy, living in a new city, driving on the opposite side of the road, and exploring an entirely new part of the world for me.  

Okay, Sydney.  Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment