Thursday, November 24, 2011

This could be the end

It seemed like it would never come, but this is it.  This is really it.  I'm going home!  Now that it's all over it seems like it went really fast.  While I was in it felt fast and slow all at the same time.  In the end it turned out to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life.  Not everyone picks up and moves across the world (literally... man, is Australia far!) - especially after just getting married.

So, was it worth it??  Hmm...  I guess it doesn't really matter now, does it?!  Let's just say this:


  • I got to live in downtown Sydney, Australia.... in the spring and summertime
  • I missed 'Snowmaggedon 2011' in Chicago while I was basking in the Sydney sunshine
  • I spent Christmas in Fiji.  Yeah, top that. 
  • While I didn't see it all, I saw some beautiful places in an amazing country - South Australia - the Barossa Valley, the Hunter Valley in New South Wales, Melbourne, all of the breathtaking beaches in Sydney....
So maybe the question is weather or not I would do it again.  And honestly, I really don't know.  There are things I loved about Australia and there are things I absolutely hated.  Ultimately, I'll never be able to recreate the amazing six months I spent here and the relationships I made along the way.  So, no, I don't think I'd do it again.  But I'll definitely be back.... but just for a visit next time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment