Saturday, October 30, 2010

There's No Place Like Home...Or At Least Your Own Apartment

I finally have an apartment!  It took a little longer than expected but I've finally got a place.  The serviced apartment that I was living in was nice, but it was a little 'hotel-ish' and impersonal, so it's nice to have a place that I can get a little settled in.

I had what I'll call an 'interesting' experience with my relo agent... let's just say there were a few things lost in translation.  In the end we worked it out and after 2 days of looking I found the perfect place for me.  I'm right in the heart of Sydney in Sydney CBD across from Hyde Park.



I'm excited to live right downtown.  In Chicago I always lived in neighborhoods, never in the loop or River North, so it's great to get that experience here in Oz.  I'm really central to everything and I can walk, bus or train to pretty much anywhere I want to go on the weekends.  I'm across the street from a train station as well.

The building is really secure which I like and has a parking spot - even better!  The best part is that there is also a pool and a gym.  Bring on Operation Kilo Drop/Project Fiji! (Subject of a later post).

Here are a few pics of the place.  I'm on the 10th floor with a city view.  Not too bad, I say!



A View from the Top!    

No comments:

Post a Comment